Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sebastian Janikoski's Left Leg

Raider's won today! Off the leg of Sebastian Janikowski. This guy is my favorite NFL kicker of all-time, mainly because I grew up with him since I really started to watch football.
This Poland dude is just a savage. He has this super leg and on most kick offs he just kicks it right into the end zone. And he even attempted a 76 yard field goal. Now that's just ridiculous. I mean 76 yard? Wow.
***********************************************
Ray's won today as well! Yes I am somewhat of band Wagoner. But I started to like them, way early in the season not just when they started to clinch the season.
So now, I don't really know who to root for, the Rays or the Phils? I like both teams. The rays - because of being underdogs, having awesome pitching (Price, Shields, Kazmir), awesome speed (Upton, Crawford) and awesome power (Pena, Longoria.), awesome fielding (Iwamura, Bartlett), the veterans (Percival, Floyd, and maybe even Baldelli). These guys are just awesome. I have absolutely no idea how many times I just used awesome in the last paragraph, but that just emphasis how awesome the rays are.
But then again, one of my other favorite NL teams, the Phillies is as equally awesome. They basically have three MVP's in their infield, (Utley, Howard, and Rollins). That's awesome. You know what else is awesome, that they have players like Burrell who could hit 40 homers, Victorino, the spam loving Hawaiian guy, who could steel 40 bays. Then their pitching staff is just awesome too, Blanton, Hamels, Meyers, Moyer, Lidge, Madson). Just too awesome.
So I really have no idea who to root for here, but If I have to choose one, I'll go with the Rays just because their underdogs, and who doesn't want the underdogs to win the World Series (besides Phillies fans).
******************************************************
Some nonsports stuff:
- I watch "All the President’s Men" this weekend. It is one of the best old movies I have ever seen. Very interesting.
- What is grammatically wrong with saying “I can’t see nothing”

Also check out my new blog:
at http://davis-fried-rice.blogspot.com
It's about Fried Rice.

No comments: